- Cut potatoes into small pieces. In an approximately 3 qt. saucepan, boil potatoes until extremely tender. While this is happening, wash asparagus.
- Remove woody ends. Cut into 1" sections, setting aside tips.
- Add non-tip sections to potato pot and cook until asparagus has gone beyond bright green to olive green (but not brown :)). Add dill. Asparagus should be soft enough to mash along with potatoes, in the cooking water. Don't throw out any of the cooking water.
- lightly brown flour in a small saucepan and allow to cool somewhat before adding rice milk.
- Add liquid gradually to make a smooth pseudo-roux and add the roux to the soup.
- Add the asparagus tips and continue cooking the soup just until they are tender and bright green. Salt to taste.
Asparagus Soup Vegan Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 153 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5g 8%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 36mg 2%
Potassium 610mg 17%
Total Carbohydrates 22g 7%
Dietary Fiber 7g 28%
Protein 8g 16%
Vitamin A 46.1%
Vitamin C 20.5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.