- Place water and butter in a sauce pot over medium high heat.
- Stir until butter is melted and everything comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add flour,Pyure Organic All-Purpose Blend Stevia Sweetener, salt into the mixture all at once while stirring quickly.
- Continue to stir until mixture turns into a ball.
- Remove from heat Place dough into a mixing bowl, blend in eggs one at a time, until mixture is smooth and whites are well incorporated
- With the mixer on medium-low speed, Add the Orange Peel Zest, xanthan gum, and vanilla extract.
- Chill the batter in the refrigerator for at least an hour and up to overnight.
- Heat at least 2 inches of oil in a pan over medium-high.
- Drop batter mixture by rounded tablespoonful into hot oil and cook 5-7 minutes, frequently turning beignets with chopsticks to cook all sides, and frying until nicely golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Cool, then Sprinkle with Swerve Sweetener, Confectioners and serve immediately.
***Recipe has been updated as of 06/19/2018 1:08pm EST.
Low Carb French Beignets Keto Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28g 43%
Saturated Fat 11g 55%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 177mg 59%
Sodium 397mg 17%
Potassium 50mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 8g 16%
Vitamin A 13.4%
Vitamin C 0.5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.